Dear Leah Renee,
I want to make sure I’m getting enough nutrients each day, but I don’t feel like I can eat enough fruits and vegetables to achieve that. I often forget to take my multivitamin; do you have any tips?! Thanks! ~Jess, New Orleans, LA
Achieving our quota of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and super greens can be difficult! We are busy people and while we consider eating healthy a priority (how are we going to stay busy if we don’t have energy to do it?!), working in our 2 & 5 of fruit & veggie servings a day starts to take the backseat to a demanding schedule. Time, money, and taste all play into the decisions we make every day.
That’s where health food and beverage companies come in to provide us with healthy, simple solutions that can be enjoyed on the go. Then we are left to take time and research who is making the best product for optimal nutrients, maximum energy, easiest to prepare, and tastes the best. I’m already tired 😉 Luckily, I discovered a company that delivers. And I think I’m addicted. Let me introduce you:
Here is why it’s A.L.R. Approved:
- It contains only 25 calories per scoop
- It tastes great
- It is loaded with nutrients. It contains an antioxidant blend, and green fruits and vegetables blend including pomegranate powder extract, acai powder, turmeric root powder, barley grass juice powder, and spirulina powder to name a few.
- There is fiber from lecithin (not soy!–the good stuff!), and apple pectin (which reminds us when we’re hungry and full).
- Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Enzymes–it’s all there.
- Sweetened only with stevia powder so it contains zero sugar and will not spike insulin levels.
- Barlean’s is 100% guaranteed to be both all-organic and non-genetically modified.
- The Chocolate Silk Greens is a chocoholics dream–tasty chocolate minus all the fat, calories, and sugar!
How to enjoy a serving of this delightful superfood powder:
- Homemade Ice Cream
- Coffee Mocha
- Chocolate Milk
- Chocolate Silk Greens
- Chocolate Mousse
Don’t you want to try one now?! Here are some recipes to get you started:
Chocolate Silk Greens Ice Cream
1 Frozen banana, chopped (chop prior to freezing)
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or your choice)
1 Scoop Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens
Toss all ingredients into a Vitamix or food processor until smooth. I put mine in the freezer for an additional hour so it was icier. If you want more of a frozen yogurt texture, eat right away! This serving is only about 135 calories and sugar only from the banana!
Super Greens Smoothie
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 scoop protein powder of choice
1 scoop Organic Greens
1 cup organic frozen spinach
1 small or 1/2 a large ripe banana
Additions: sprinkle of cinnamon, stevia, granola, frozen blueberries, peanut butter, crushed ice, honey
I did mention earlier time is such an important factor to eating healthy. The most impressive part I found was when only mixed with water alone, Organic Chocolate Silk Greens still tasted amazing. If you only have time to throw some ingredients in a protein shaker (try a Blender Bottle) and run, you will still find all the flavor with the superfood punch to boot–just a scoop of protein powder, a scoop of Chocolate Silk Greens, and either milk or water! Grab an apple on the way out and you’ve got not only your morning covered, but energy to keep you going throughout your busy day!