Dear Leah Renee,
I don’t expect you to create an entire menu of what you eat all the time, but I’m interested in knowing what you typically have stocked in your kitchen? I feel like it’ll help me choose wisely at the grocery store. Thanks! ~Elise, AL
I follow a lot of health blogs and websites and often wonder the same thing! It’s fun to find out what the people who inspire us have behind-the-scenes on a daily basis. I’m not the healthiest person all the time, but it’s safe to say 90% of the time I am! I would be happy to share the items I always have in my kitchen, the staples.
In no particular order (* = organic):
- Nuts: Almonds*, walnuts*, brazil nuts
- Seeds: pepitas*/pumkin, sunflower*, sesame, chia, flax, hemp
- Leafy greens*
- Apple cider vinegar*
- Nutritional Yeast
- Coconut oil*
- Olive oil*
- Miso paste*
- Balsamic vinegar
- Hot sauce
- Garlic. More garlic.
- Tahini & hummus
- Chicken/Vegetable broth*
- Herbs: basil*, cilantro* (coriander), thyme
- Spices: Cinnamon*, turmeric, ginger
- Tea: Chai*, Green*, Matcha powder*, and Detox blend
- Almond milk*
- Apples* (Fuji are my fave!)
- Baby tomatoes*
- Other fruits & veggies as they’re available seasonally
- Freezer: organic meats and fish
- Supplements: Magnesium (CALM), Cod Liver Oil, Probiotics
- DARK CHOCOLATE* (OK, so maybe this should have been #1?!)
And here’s the other 10% of what’s not listed up there…
I just LOVE banana milkshakes! I had a great one (pictured above) in Barcelona, Spain.
What are your kitchen must-haves?