Healthy Homemade Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 whole sweet potato, thinly sliced (best with a mandolin slicer)
- Lightly coat with organic Coconut Oil
- Sprinkle one or more of the following: Sea Salt, Italian spices, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne (or anything else you like that I’m not thinking of!)
Place them on a baking sheet and bake at 360 degrees F for about 15 minutes. If you prefer, you can broil them for less than 5 minutes that will have the same effect. I love using the toaster oven for this as well!
Next: Enjoy. Preferably with some guac! 😉 Oh, and share!
Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil **if you prefer, in place of oil, use 1 egg white–even more protein, no fat**
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of…..whatever herbs & spices you like! (some yummy options: Cumin, Italian blend, Cayenne if you like spicy, Curry powder, Mexican spice mixture)
Preheat oven to 400F. Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans in a strainer. Pat dry. Toss the chickpeas in a medium sized bowl with the olive oil, sea salt, and spices. Arrange the chickpeas on a baking sheet (spread out, only one layer). Bake for about 30 minutes, or until it’s nice and crispy! Halfway during the process, shake the pan or stir the chickpeas to avoid them from burning.
All done! Pour them into a bowl….and Enjoy! Divide them into you snack bags or containers and take them on the road or to work!
Banana Flax Crackers
I think these taste a lot like banana bread–just with crunch!!!
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/4c ground flax seeds + 1/4c whole flax seeds
- 1/2 packet of stevia
I mashed these all together in a bowl and rolled in balls and flattened out to my desired cracker thickness. Place onto parchment paper and put in the dehydrator overnight, or about 8 hours. If you like, I’m sure they can easily be placed in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes and check them! My dehydrator does not have a temperature setting, so I’d imagine it does not get hotter than 120 degrees.